2008 HALL "Kathryn Hall" Cabernet Sauvignon is the highest rated wine (based on Wine Spectator's 100 point scale) from Kathryn Hall scoring 96 points. This wine was part of the Hall Collectors Club 2011 September shipment (full disclosure - I am a Kathryn Hall Collectors Club member).
Based on all the praise I was very excited to experience this wine. I decanted the wine in a two hours prior to taking my first sip. The wine is 'signature' Kathryn Hall, dry, dark fruit and firm structure. This wine could benefit from another 5-10 years of aging as the wine is very tight, even after two hours of decanting.
The front palate has dark fruit and subtle notes of minerality. The dryness and firm structure brings dark fruit and a very slight hint of espresso grinds to the mid palate. The finish shows finesse but still coats the tongue to provide a long finish.
Recommendation - The "Kathyrn Hall" is the flagship wine and deserves much of the praise. This wine can be consumed now but it would be better to wait another 5 years. If opening now decant at least 2-4 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment